I have started to play around with Power BI to get more information from Teams Auto Attendants and Call Queues. ‘MORE’ is a strong word…I should really just say ANY information (if you know, you know) 😉. This has been a long-awaited feature for Teams AAs and CQs and sometimes becomes a barrier for customers to adopt Teams Calling. So this is long overdue!
The instructions to install and upload the report Microsoft provides are clear enough and easy to follow. I’m not going to repeat those steps, but here is the link Auto Attendant & Call Queue Historical Report - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs. This link also goes through what the reports information is showing you, however it gives the absolute basic information and not real-life scenarios. That is what I am going to be focusing on in this article.
There are 3 areas to get information in the CQ and AA combined Analytics report: Cloud Auto Attendant Analytics, Cloud Call Queue Analytics and Cloud Call Queue Agent Timeline.
A few limitations to these reports:
· The data does not refresh on its own, it is not real time and must be refreshed manually.
· It usually takes 30 minutes for data to come in after call is done but can take longer.
· CQs and AAs are shown by Resource Account names.
· Only 28 days of history is available in the dashboard because the data is considered personal data and is subject to data privacy retention policies.
· You need a Power BI license to create the reports, but users can use the free version to view them.
This article will go into more detail about the Cloud Auto Attendant Analytics. Parts 2 and 3 to follow.